Pages

Friday, June 10, 2016

50,000 Pageviews! Thanks, Hokies and Readers


More than four years ago, I had a dream to start this career advising blog. Earlier this week, we reached the milestone of 50,000 pageviews.

How did this blog get started? I went to a session at a conference presented by a colleague from JMU who shared how she used a blog to pass on academic advising information to her advisees, which got me thinking that I could do the same with career advice. With the help of Ariel Cohen, VT Computer Science graduate, who at the time was a Career Services Intern, I was able to start this blog. Since that time, five Career Services Peer Career Advisors have helped me continue to write articles for this blog.

Thank you! 

Thanks, Ariel and PCA team of writers, for helping me sustain this project.

Thanks to the students, advisors, instructors, staff and colleagues who have shared our posts.

Kudos to my family for putting up with my time spent writing and talking about this blog and for reading some of my content.

And, a big shout out to the Virginia Tech Career Services team, to my supervisor, Amy McPherson, and to our Director, Donna Ratcliffe, for your support of my work on this blog.

Please keep on reading! We'll keep writing!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for continuing to share your expertise with VT students in an easily accessible way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realized that different professions and environments could create distinct experiences.For career growth visit Perfect Profile

    ReplyDelete