Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

It's April Fool's Day, but don't be a fool forever


I was that person. You know, the one in your classes, who is too scared to ask a question or share an opinion. I was afraid of being wrong or looking stupid. They say with age, comes wisdom, and I'm definitely old enough to know how dumb I was then because I didn't raise my hand when I didn't understand or had a comment to share. The quote in the picture above hangs in my office as reminder to me to ask questions.

On this April Fool's Day, we don't want you to be a fool forever.  Below are 12 typical questions we often receive from students.


What are typical careers for a communication major? (or any other major)
Where can I go to get more information about what environmental engineers do? (or the occupation that interests you)
How can I answer the interview question, "What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?"
Is this where I take the "test?"


What is the difference between a co-op and internship position?
Where can I find a summer internship in Seattle? (or some other location of interest)
What are other ways I can get experience besides working in an internship?
Does leadership experience count with employers or graduate programs?



What is the best format to use for my resume? (hint: there is not one right answer!)
Where can I get help with practicing for an interview?
What is the timeline to follow for my graduate school applications?
What kind of help do you provide as I apply to medical schools?

Which one of these questions do you want to ask? We have answers for these questions and more! You just need to take that first step and come see us for advising, available at these times and locations.

What questions do you have about your future plans? Career Services advisors can assist you. 

Let us help you reach the next step of the journey to your career.



No comments:

Post a Comment