Pages

Monday, December 23, 2013

The Best Gift You Can Give


As you rush around purchasing all your last minute gifts or stocking stuffers, I have a gift suggestion that has a very low cost. You don’t need to go online or request rush shipping, and you don’t need to max out your credit card, for this gift you can give without visiting a store or a web site. What is the gift? It’s the gift of TIME.
Last week our family lost my father-in-law, Sonny Childress, who lived a long full live to the age of 90. His passing so close to the holidays just got me thinking about all the times I got caught up in my life and didn’t stop by (he just lived down the road!) to visit with him. I’m not saying I was a terrible daughter-in-law--for example, we had many Sunday evening meals with Sonny, spent holidays and special family events with him, and took him to a family reunion this past summer. But, I know I could have done more and spent more time with him.

As you select those last minute gifts, add to your list the coupon you can fill out below where you can give the gift of time to a loved one or friend. Go spend the afternoon with your Dad doing something he loves. Take your little sister to see The Hobbit. Bake a traditional holiday favorite with your Grandma. Ask your Mom to go out to lunch. Have game night and invite over all your friends who are in town for the break.
Life is so fleeting. Give the people you care about the best gift you have to give – time spent with YOU!






2 comments:

  1. There is no doubt that nothing can be more precious then spending time with your loved ones, I always get inexpensive and creative gifts for boyfriend and spend as much as possible time with him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just can’t help to think, how a person can write such amazing stuff.
    Resumeyard

    ReplyDelete